Light of Candle

Light of Candle

Monday, August 18, 2008

Despo and Fascist

To whom it may concern,

The defination of despo is someone who is desperate for anything. They will hang around waiting for something to happen or are just really annoying [1]. While fascist refers to people who grouped according to their several interests, individuals form classes; they form trade-unions when organized according to their several economic activities; but first and foremost they form the State, which is no mere matter of numbers, the suns of the individuals forming the majority. Fascism is therefore opposed to that form of democracy which equates a nation to the majority, lowering it to the level of the largest number [2].

Everytime when there is assignment or group work appointed, please do not be amazed anymore to see people who always stick togather eternally and forever. Is this what we call harmonic integration? Is this the unique culture of Malaysia? or is it Kiasu [3] and Kiasi [4] mentality own by mahasiswa? Perhaps result of As could help them to answer me better? Undeniable those who practice it are third world minded or they consider living in ‘Jurassic Park’ or ‘Lost World’ of this globalised age? Undoubtfully Malaysia has a many iconic first world infrastructures. For instance, SMART Tunnel, Petronas Twins Tower, KL Tower, Sepang F1 Circuit, Sepang KLIA, Stadium Bukit Jalil, Penang Second bridge (maybe) and etc as external apperance, (pakaian luaran) to show to the global how smart we are. Such circumstances provided a significant contrast and they are the eye sore to me. I feel shame, I wanted to propose it, but I am afraid of being misunderstood.

Micheal Schumacher won 7-times F1 world championships in his outstanding carrer, but do you think he did it by his own effort and ability without the assistance from multinational engineers? Indeed, none of the individual in this world can succeed without the support and team work from various party. Seperti kata pepatah, bersatu teguh, bercerai roboh.

Reference:
[1] - Meaning of despo
[2] - Defination of fascist [label 17]
[3] - Meaning of Kiasu
[4] - Meaning of Kiasi

Cheers,
Candle

12 comments:

tienguan said...

To whom you are referring to? I don't think that is a problem. At least i think so.

If you are given the chances, of course you choose with people you are familiar with, right?

Lai Yeong King said...

I don't think he is referring to anyone, just being fed up seeing people having these attitude.

But still this is reality, you can blame the weak system, you can blame British for tearing the people apart, you can blame people for being ignorance and narrow minded, but none may change.

In fact, suggest something that could make a different, do. One of the great thing I've learned recently :)

lion~

Encik Ayie Yang Garang said...

i seconded Lion.
(saya sokong Lion)

-Azrin-

tienguan said...

Lion,

Actually I think he is referring some people in the class. It has nothing to do with British or weak system or people being ignorance.

I think it's about people are too reluctant to try to know each other. Being in the same classroom every day but never really have a relationship inside and outside the classroom is something very odd.

I am very surprised when I realized there are people like that when I came into UPM. ( I'm a small town boy )

MaiYC said...

I always express my opinion by going around the bush. So you have to think awhile to get the content. I projected hidden suggestion on last paragraph.

I am quite sad because my method of delivery seems to be ineffetive. Maybe it should be revised, but I do not prefer to be direct, just to preserve a space for each other. It is my character and style of writing.

I am glad to see someone understand me at last, he gave a clue to my readers.

Lai Yeong King said...

mai,

Of course I see the importance of teamwork in your post, but that's all. The suggestion I mentioned are things like "how you do it", "who can do it", "what can do it".

Which in this case, "how you unite the people?" "who can unite the people?" "Through what method you can unite the people?"

lion~

Lai Yeong King said...

TTG,

I'm just giving examples... (which mean, I'm beating around the bush too) So don't get too concern about those stuff :)

lion~

MaiYC said...

only team work you do realize? How about personality and sensitivity and etc? when chances are given, why do we always prefer our own friends? Don't we want to know each of our friends better, do we?

I Will reply you more when I am back from Proton visit.

FireDes said...

Candle,

In reply to your previous post, we do consider our own friends if we are given the opportunity to form a group. It's not that we do not want to know others better, but we are familiar the characteristics of our own friends (close friends) aren't we? So,working with them as a group will be much easier than it should be. Creating a good network is not all about working in a group. We can always chat with them whenever we meet them. Pulling off some pranks occasionally might be a good idea to build a more intimate friendship. They will eventually open up their door of hearts, showing us more of their personalities and also share their problems with us =).

MaiYC said...

FireDes,

Thankz for your subjective comment. I could only agree with you partially, because no person may wish to see a group of almost same ethnic are involved. Do you call yourselves Malaysian if you are only working with your own race of friends? Is any of the governments in Malaysia is formed by single group of ethnic? Why are we still so stubbtorn not to join or invite other people to work togather sincerely? Look at pact-government, they are actually leading by example. Also look at the Anti-Fuel Hike Protest, as well as incident of Bandar Cheras Mahkota, and etc, they did not protest for the sake of their own race, rather than for the whole community.

If Bapa Malaysia (aka Bapa Kemerdekaan) were here, Almarhum Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra, Malaysia's Father of Independence and first prime minster will be greatly disappointed by those people who hesitate to work togather.

p/s: My actual message is not meant for you, but to other readers who rasa pedas.

Encik Ayie Yang Garang said...

i seconded and seconded hardcorely with MYC.
now i have more grown up gentlemen in my class.

P/S: is FireDes my student??

MaiYC said...

yes, FireDes is your student, also a HOG.