Light of Candle

Light of Candle

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Racial Harmony


Look at the way Lee Chong Wei (Badminton player) hugs Misbun Sidek (Coach). They are the best evidence to show how united Malaysia is. When i saw these screens, my heart dissolves into liquid.. Besides this, after his semi final victory, he kisses Malaysia logo on his shirt twicely.. I wish the whole nation are inspired by the above pictures and thus fling down all the racist remarks and togather we conquer the conflicts.

However, there are a bunch of people who are still living in Paleolithic Age whereby they are still playing racial politics to split up the nation from Integration. I would still remember clearly, some politicians said Chinese do not love their own country while MP from Pasir Salak labelled non-Malays are descendants of immigrants to Malaysia. I hope the above pictures proved them wrong certainly.

Back to current issues, within a week, two incidents displayed the ugly disappointment and ironically Independent Day is in fortnight. These incidents are the protest against forum organized by Bar Council and suggestion to open 10% quota to non-bumiputera in UiTM.

I am proud to be a permanent resident in Selangor specially when Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim sworn in as Menteri Besar and formed a pact state government. There are alot of rakyat favorable policies have been produced by the new state goverment and hence i see the bright future of tomorrow. Unfortunately, his suggestion on certain issue rises the anger of students and successive rally were held. Situation tends to be worsen when he is accused to betray his own race by irresponsible parties.

My questions are, are we going to keep in the same track for another upcoming 50 years? Is Wawasan 2020 realizable?

I wish i could write and comment more, but i am afraid of ISA and AKU, but one thing to be sure, I show my complete focus, concern and interest on my beloved country, do you?

Cheers,
Candle

3 comments:

Encik Ayie Yang Garang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Encik Ayie Yang Garang said...

myc,

i came to think, if one day all of a sudden the british tells us "no admission for bumiputera to any UK universities", i think then only many of us will realized that academic should not belong to any particular person or body or in this case a race.

if i were to say more, then i am afraid we will be end up behind the bar.

i am liking your style of writing. it is short, sharp and pinches my heart sometimes. :-)

keep on writing. i will share your blog address with the department.

-Azrin-

tienguan said...

In Malaysia, people are often told not to say things about race and religion because it is 'sensitive' . I think that is why we are not progressing( in term of unity).

When I took Hubungan Etnik, lecturer told me that religion/race forum and talks are really important. It is a way for us to understand each other and makes us progress.

But from what I saw, it is not the way. Instead I saw people are fighting, condemning and squabbling.

Merdeka day is around the corner, I hope that Malaysia will forever be peace and harmony.

MALAYSIA BOLEH !